Staff Selection Commission is an Indian organization, with its headquarters in New Delhi, that recruits staff for various posts in Ministries and Departments of the Government of India. It also recruits subordinates’ offices.
SSC CPO 2022 (Central Police Organization) is a national-level competitive examination to recruit males and females for the position of Sub Inspector (SI) in several police organizations such as ITBP, BSF, CRPF, and SI in Delhi Police. SSC has a regional set-up to conduct the examinations smoothly. Currently, it has 7 regional offices at Prayagraj, Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Bangalore, and two sub-regional offices at Chandigarh and Raipur.
The SSC CPO examination is for a total of 7 positions:
- Delhi Police sub-inspector
- SI in BSF
- SI in CISF
- SI in CRPF
- SI in ITBPF
- SI (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (CISF)
Procedure to Apply for SSC CPO Examination
The eligibility standards for appearing in the examination are fairly strict which requires the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria considering their educational qualifications, age, nationality, exceptions, and others. The detailed procedure for applying for SSC CPO Examination is available on website. Visit website to know more!
Step 1: Registering online for SSC CPO 2022 Examination form
Candidates must go to the official website www.ssc.nic.in and click on the ‘Apply’ option to fill out the application form for the SSC CPO 2022 test. The forms are also available on BYJU’s Exam Prep. The candidate can visit the website for exam preparation and other information.
- Candidates must first click the CAPF tab, then the ‘Click Here to Apply’ link in a new window that appears. Here, candidates can register themselves.
- Candidates will receive an email with the registration number and password after completing the registration process.
- Candidates must log-in with their registration number and password and complete the application form by filling in the necessary information.
Step 2: Filling the online SSC CPO 2022 Examination form
The candidate must fill in the required details keeping in mind the following:
- Personal details: Candidates have to enter their personal information such as name, gender, age, parent/guardian name, date of birth, contact number, email address, aadhar card details, etc.
- Address details: Candidates are required to enter information regarding their permanent as well as correspondence/mailing address.
- Scanned photograph: The application process requires scanned photos of the candidate’s most recent photograph. The images must be greater than 1 KB in size and less than 40 KB in size, with a resolution of 100 pixels wide and 120 pixels tall.
- Scanned Signatures: The application process requires scanned signatures of the candidate. The signature must be more than 1 KB in size but less than 12 KB in size, with a resolution of 140 pixels wide and 60 pixels high. The candidate must upload the signatures in jpg form.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must enter their qualification as per the eligibility criteria. The SSC CPO exams require a basic bachelor’s degree in any field of education.
- Submit: The candidate is required to fill in the details and re-check them, before clicking on the ‘NEXT’ button. This will redirect the candidate to the payment gateway.
Step 3: Payment of the application cost
Candidates can pay the fees in two ways, either online via credit card, debit card, or net banking, or offline via SBI challan. The application cost is given below:
- General male candidate/ OBC male candidate pay Rs.100/- for the SSC CPO 2022-2023 tests.
- Women candidate/ SC candidate/ ST Candidate/ Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying any fees.
Step 4: Download the application form.
After completing the payment procedure, the page will redirect the candidate to the confirmation page. The candidate can download the application form and is recommended to take 3 printouts copies for future references.
BYJU’S Exam Prep, an educational platform, is a one-stop destination that provides study materials and mock tests for the preparation of SSC CPO examinations.