The eyes may feel tired or irritated after focusing intensely on a digital screen such as a computer, laptop, mobile, reading a book, or even driving a car for a long time. The eyes operate all the time by focusing on and away from the multiple sources and surfaces. This is one of the reasons you might have noticed a heaviness in your head & eyes after a long tiring day.
With this article, we’ll see the possible symptoms of eye strain and how to get rid of eye strain effectively. Also, we see if computer eyewear glasses can help in reducing the effect or not?
Let’s move on.
What is Eye Strain?
Eye strain is a common condition caused by the intense use of the eyes. Exposure to external agents such as light glares, reflections, UV radiation, shifting brightness, and blue light.
However, in recent years, the leading cause of eye strain has been unregulated exposure to digital screens, often known as digital eye strain.
Possible Causes of Eye Strain
Here are some of the possible causes of eye strain:
- Computer or smartphone
- Detail work for an extended period like sewing or writing
- Exposed to bright light or glare
- Focusing in dim light
- Less eye blink than usual while using the screen
People with certain eye conditions are at higher risk of eye strain, where stress & fatigue is also major contributor.
Also, an improper distance from the digital screen can lead to eye strain.
But, now, how do you know if you are suffering from eye strain? Some symptoms let you know if you are suffering from eye strain.
Symptoms of Eye Strain
The symptoms of eye strain are:
- Eye pain
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Neck & shoulder pain
- Difficult to concentrate
- Burning eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Hard to keep your eyes open
Best Ways to Prevent Eye Strain
Here are some of the best ways to prevent eye strain:
- Follow the 20-20-20 Rule – When you engage in any single activity for long without any break, eyestrain might occur. For this, you must shift your focus on other activities every 20 minutes, 20 feet away, for at least 20 seconds. You can even walk outside to get natural light if you are working continuously on a digital screen.
- Position the Screen – You must look at the digital screen at the correct distance in the proper position. Keep the screen a few feet away from your eyes, possibly about arm’s length. Keep the screen level at your eyes or slightly below them.
- Wear Proper Eyewear – computer eyeglasses are one of the best ways to reduce eye strain. The devices such as computers, laptops, smartphones, television, tablets, and others produce rays that directly hit the eyes. Using the best glasses frames eliminates these UV rays & protects the eyes from their effect.
- Find Right Light – Improper light is a significant factor in eye strain. The light must come from behind if you are focusing on something intensely, and you must also adjust the brightness of your screen accordingly. Dim or extremely bright light can also cause eye strain. So make sure that you are working under lighting conditions.
- Use Eye Drops – Deep focus for a long particularly to screen, resulting in the reduction of eye blink rate per minute, which makes the eyes dry & irritated. Eye drops play a significant role in relieving eye strain with artificial tears, making the eyes well-lubricated.
- Check the air – Bad air quality, like dry & polluted, may cause eyestrain. It’s crucial to relocate to a spot that doesn’t have such an air issue.
- Reduce Screen Time – Last but not least, one of the simplest ways to relieve eye strain is by reducing screen time or by limiting the time to a single activity that requires intense focus.
Can Computer Glasses reduce Eye Strain?
This is true that computer glasses can often reduce eye strain by adjusting the focus so that the eyes can focus on something further away. They even have a tint that can remove the glare & often block the blue light from entering the eyes.
The computer glasses help you see the screen in an obvious way, whether it can be large or small. It can often protect your eyes from the harmful blue lights that come out from the digital screens. These specially designed computer eyes glasses help reduce the squinting & tiredness and let you see the screen more clearly. You can wear the best glasses frames without a prescription or with a prescription if you want to improve your vision with these glasses.
The eyewear must nicely fit your face by providing a comfortable tint. Here are the possible options available:
- Zero vision lenses
- Single vision lenses
- Office lenses or progressive lenses
- Blue-blocking lenses
- Anti-glare & filtering coating
Where to Get the Best Computer Glasses?
Buying the correct type of computer glasses is easy with Lenskart, which offers many computer eye frames for men, women, and kids.
Using the latest technology, Lenskart offers top-notch computer glasses. You get blue block & anti-glare lenses, scratch-resistant, water & dust repellent glasses. Moreover, the lenses come with a 1-year warranty and a 30-days easy replacement policy.
So book your computer eyewear glasses today with Lenskart anywhere in Dubai easily at the most affordable rates.